The International Black Sea University (IBSU) was established in 1995 in Tbilisi, Georgia and was opened by the second president of Georgia Eduard Shevardnadze and the former prime minister of Turkey Tansu Çiller in accordance with the decree of the Council of Ministers and the License of Opening given by the Ministry of Education of Georgia.
International Black Sea University has the objective of training Georgian and foreign students in scientific, technical and professional fields of study, and of using these studies in the fields of pure and applied research for contributing to the economic and social necessities of Georgia and other countries.
International Black Sea University is committed to prepare highly qualified graduates equipped with modern theoretical and practical knowledge along with global human values and dedicated to lifelong learning with its quality management system in order to contribute to the formation and maintenance of a democratic civil society focused on peace and intercultural dialog through student and staff mobility and professional support from friendly staff in a truly academic environment.
-National and International high qualified academic staff
-International exchange and study abroad programs
-Cultural and educational visits abroad
-Rich socio-cultural events
-Safe campus environment
-98% employment rate
-Studying in English and/or Georgian Languages
-Flexible tuition fee payment system
-Being at the scientific center of Georgia: Tbilisi
-Student teachers ratio
Required Documents for Admission in International Black Sea University:
1. Copy of passport photo page;
2. Color photo in JPG format;
3. Statement of purpose (Word or PDF format, maximum 500 words), explaining why you are interested in studying at KIU;
4. Copy of your High School Certificate & its Supplement or BSc Educational Document
(Academic Transcript) or Bachelor’s Diploma & Diploma (KIU international applicants should have at least one of these documents or equivalent issued outside of Georgia);
5. KIU international student application form
6. International students whose native language is not English must submit English Language proficiency certificate or provide evidence that their previous studies where in English language (i.e. as part of the documents in paragraph 3 above).
7. KIU English language proficiency can be proved by the following certificates: TOEFL/ IELTS/Other
A ticket for public transport vehicles (Bus and Metro) cost 0.50 gel ($0.20) for everyone. However, students with "students cards" pay only 0.20 gel ($0.09) for a ticket. Each ticket is valid for 1:30hr. Within the 1:30hr validity frame, a ticket holder can enter any public vehicle for free with the ticket card.
Yandex and Taxify exist in major Georgian cities fr everyone who prefers to use taxi's. Taxis charge about 5Gel ($20) for a 7km journey. And cars are affordable for those who prefer to vehicle while studying in georgia.
We recommend students to udget around $300-$500 per month for accmodation in Tbilisi city centre and $200-350 for accomodation outside Tbilisi.